Mission, Vision, Beliefs, Goals
The Beaufort Middle School community envisions learners engaged in personalized, arts-infused, relevant experiences that guide and prepare students for an ever-changing global society.
Beaufort Middle School’s Mission is to guide, prepare, and engage learners to succeed academically, artistically, and technologically in the future they create and serve.
- Everyone has the right to learn and work in a safe, caring, supportive environment
- Universal student voice is honored and valued in a learning community that thrives with mutual understanding and respect
- Character matters: integrity, empathy, responsibility, and respect
- All students thrive when they take ownership of their learning through each stage of their physical, emotional, and cognitive growth
- Life-long learning essential to reach one’s potential and is best learned from those who model it
- Effective, authentic learning is differentiated, collaborative, responsive, adaptive, and student-centered.
- All students are entitled to wide-ranging and arts-infused learning experiences that ensure they have the skills necessary to be competent, confident, successful learners
- Embracing diversity fosters the development of responsible, productive global citizens
- The unique talents of our learners and the community promote investment, involvement and mutual connections
- Open, transparent, shared communication is necessary for school effectiveness
- Goal 1: Purpose and Direction: Beaufort County School District maintains and communicates at all levels of the organization a purpose and direction for continuous improvement that commit to high expectations for learning as well as shared values and beliefs about teaching and learning.
- Goal 2: Resources and Support Systems: Beaufort County School District has resources and provides services in all schools that support its purpose and direction to ensure success for all students.
- Goal 3: Teaching and Assessing For Student Learning: Beaufort County School District’s curriculum, instructional design and assessment practices guide and ensure teacher effectiveness and student learning across all grades and courses.
- Goal 4: Documenting & Using Results for Continuous Improvement: Beaufort County School District implements a comprehensive assessment system that generates a range of data about student learning and system effectiveness and uses the results to guide continuous improvement.
- Goal 5: Governance and Leadership: Beaufort County School District operates under governance and leadership that promote and support student performance and system effectiveness.